What information do I hold, why do I have it and who might I share it with?
Currently I hold a completed consultation form and treatment records with your details. These include your name, address, date of birth and various means of contacting you.
Address, phone / mobile nos, email address – these are all required so I can contact you.
Marketing material is available on a newsletter, which you can opt into on the initial consultation form, or you may choose to subscribe directly. I will never send out unsolicited marketing material.
Health Related Data
Consultation Form – all clients/patients must complete a consultation form, so I have a full understanding of your medical and health history. This I need for insurance reasons, but it is to check that it is safe to treat you. It also helps me understand what medical issues you have and how best I can treat you. Treatment will not go ahead unless I collect and store these details.
Treatment Records – these are my notes detailing what I have found in my assessments, what treatment I have given you and how you felt immediately after that treatment. Treatment will not go ahead unless I collect and store these details.
- It is a condition of my Insurance Policy to take and retain client records for at least 7 years following the last occasion on which treatment was given. In the case of treatment to minors, records shall be kept for 7 years after they reach the age of majority (18).
- I may need to share your data with authorised legal, regulatory and insurance authorities, if required to defend myself. This will be the professional membership body I am registered with and the insurance company I hold my professional indemnity insurance with.
- After 7 years following the last occasion on which treatment was given, I will destroy all of your records by shredding them.
How and where do I hold your data?
- Since July 2020 patient information is stored on Cliniko (patient software package). Cliniko treat security of information as a priority. Data is backed up automatically and kept in ultra-secure facilities.
For more information visit: Practice Management Software | Cliniko
- If your treatments pre-date July 2020, or if there is a necessity to keep a paper record of your patient information, then consultation forms and Treatment records are kept in a locked filing cabinet within my house, and treatment records are maintained on a password controlled laptop / password protected online storage cloud. Only I have access to these records and I will take all appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability and authenticity of your data.
Your Individual Rights under the Data Protection Act 2018.
- the right of access to your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- the right to rectification of your personal data;
- the right to erasure of your personal data;
- the right to data portability (to receive an electronic copy of your personal data);
In exercising your Individual Rights, you should understand that in some situations I may be unable to fully meet your request, for example if you make a request for me to delete all your personal data, I may be required to retain some data for taxation, legal, regulatory and insurance purposes.
You should understand that when exercising your rights, a substantial public or vital interest may take precedence over any request you make. In addition, where these interests apply, we are required by law to grant access to this data for law enforcement, legal and/or health related matters.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which I process your personal data, you have the right to complain to the UK’s Data Protection Supervisory Authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO may be contacted via its website which is https://ico.org.uk/concerns , by live chat or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
How to contact me
If you have any questions regarding the use of your data and your Individual Rights, please contact me on 07818477858 or SamMassageTherapy@hotmail.com